Ayahuasca Retreats in Peru: A Shamanic Healing Centre in the Amazon Basin with Ayahuasca, shamans, plant diets and other traditional healing methods
Ayahuasca Retreats in Iquitos, Peru
The use and study of Ayahuasca and the traditional shamanic healing methods of the Amazon basin is growing at an incredible rate, perhaps because of the growing sense of dissatisfaction that is prevalent in Western societies, and Iquitos in Peru is the destination of choice for thousands of these ‘spiritual’ seekers every year.
Dreamglade Shamanic Healing Centre and Ayahuasca Retreat near Iquitos is the brainchild of Stacy Stephen Povey. He has spent the last 8 years living and working in Peru, working extensively with Ayahuasca and many of the local shamanic traditions and medicinal plants, and was also the founder of ‘Karma Café, the meeting place in Iquitos for travellers that come to the rainforests of northern Peru to take part in Ayahuasca ceremonies and traditional healing work in any of the numerous retreat centres in the Iquitos area.
- To help our guests do serious and sincere work on themselves.
- To provide safe, supportive Ayahuasca ceremonies, using experienced native ‘Curanderos’ (shamanic healers).
- To limit the number of participants to a maximum of 9 for each Ayahuasca ceremony.
- To use only the highest quality Ayahuasca, cooked exclusively with Chacruna and Huambisa and without any dangerous adjuncts.
- To offer our guests the opportunity to ‘diet’ with one or more of the local medicinal plants or trees under the supervision of our resident Curandera.
- To provide grounded, empathetic counseling for all of our guests to help them better understand the process they are going through.
- Adherence to the authentic Ayahuasca diet.
- To use only local materials in the construction and to be as creative as possible in the design of all the structures, to ensure the entire centre blends in and complements the surrounding jungle.
- To incorporate other (future) healing methods into the centre such as yoga, sweat lodge, massage and deep physical cleanses such as liver flushes, colon hydrotherapy and kidney cleanses.
- To keep the fees as reasonable as possible whilst offering much needed support to the local communities.
Please contact us if you have any queries regarding Ayahuasca and/or our Ayahuasca Retreat facilities.
More About Dreamglade
“At Dreamglade we aim to keep the atmosphere as informal, loving and grounded as possible….”Read More
From The Blog
May 20, 2014 |
I had heard a lot about Isabel. By all accounts she was a very talented healer and an amazing ‘Ayahuaquera’ and i was very excited when she finally agreed to come and visit Dreamglade with the possibility of us working together… Fortunately, she quickly and completely fell in love with the Dreamglade site (it’s hard not to) and readily agreed to help us out with the Ayahuasca ceremonies, the healing work and the dietas. On one of our first ceremonies together, I had four lovely ‘first timers’, an English lady, a young man from Australia and a nice couple from Sweden. It evolved into a really beautiful night and all of the participants felt...
April 27, 2014 |
Finally, after ten sometimes gruelling months, the dream that was ‘Dreamglade’ has become a reality. The building of the 1km ‘road’ (I use that term very loosely) through the dense, sodden jungle was an epic slog, involving lots of manpower, thousands of sandbags, the building of four bridges and countless episodes where we were up to our knees in mud, yet again having to dig out the truck that was buried in thick sticky clay right up to its axles. Unfortunately, being able to enter the site with the pick up truck was an essential part of the overall plan, as we needed to bring in materials and eventually clients from the city straight...